Monday, May 05, 2008

Not the brightest tool in the shed...

Yes, that is how I am feeling these days...like a big mixed metaphor. I actually uttered this phrase at Starbucks the other day. I'm sure that's a party foul or something.

Not much to blog about lately. Actually, not much that I think anyone would be interested in reading about lately. I have been very whiny as of late and didn't really think anyone would be interested in my blabbering on.

I have seven weeks left of school and I still love my job. I signed a contract for next year, but still have NO idea where or what I will be teaching. I don't know how long the "it's all in God's hands" attitude will last, but I am doing well so far.

Tim comes home on Wed. for about ten days....YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! He will be home for Mother's day and some other yucky family stuff we are dealing with at the moment. For that, I am extremely grateful. I need him here with me now and God seemed to know and provide. Why I doubted that I'm not sure.

My big accomplishment these days was installing a new floor and toilet in Paul Bunyan's bathroom. Talk about a fun time...It's not leaking, the toilet not the floor, and for that I am proud. The floor isn't leaking either :)

This is Heidi and my niece at Disneyland. Heidi won eight tickets on a radio station so the whole family went to celebrate Heidi's kids' birthdays. Yes, all three of them have birthdays in a one-month period. We had a blast. My Baylas wasn't too convinced about the "happiest place on Earth" stuff until she saw the princess parade. This adorable picture was taken at the beginning of the ride. She wasn't having as much fun near the end of the ride. That seemed to be the theme for the day.



This is what happens when you let my dad, child, and nephew loose in the shops. Only my family...you would have to understand the total and unabashed love for flying that the males in our family possess to really appreciate this picture.

TTFN!

2 comments:

Both Fex said...

I'm always glad/interested to read whatever you blog, so type with a free hand!

Good to hear Tim will be home in time for Mom's Day.

And loved the aviators... it's not just your family though. Didn't Skaggs wear those all through our Senior year?

Holly said...

Oh, I forgot about that!