Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Spinning...

At the moment I am sitting in my classroom watching my little darlings take their excruciating state test. I will miss this. I found out this morning that two primary teachers have been assigned to 6th grade for next year. The problem with this? There are only four 6th grade spots to begin with and only one person that I know of is moving to another grade. Hmmm…that means that I do not have a spot in 6th grade next year. Ok, I can deal with this. I knew I was lowest on the totem pole so I am not completely surprised, but I am still a little sad by this news. I was really holding out hope that I would just stay where I am. The other part that makes this difficult is the fact that these two teachers have NO desire to teach 6th grade. UGH! Head hitting desk…trying to hold back tears and teach at the same time.

I know that God will put me where he wants me and I’m sure that it will be fine, but the waiting and wondering is killing me. I hear all of the other teachers getting ready and making plans and it stings a little. Ok, it stings a lot. I find it hard to go to the lunch room where teachers whine about their assignments and I just want to yell “at least you have an assignment you whiny, ungrateful wenches”, but alas, I hold it in and just smile.

Justine Bateman looks really old. I know, side track…I’m watching Desperate Housewives and she just appeared on the screen looking really bad.

That just gives you a glimpse into the workings of my mind these days…is that a goat?

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Oh, Honey. I am sorry. Just one more piece of change in this crazy time, which I am sure you would have preferred to do without. Ugh.

Praying for you, truly, truly.

Both Fex said...

Hockey puck? Monkey? Monkey? Underpants?

I hear you sister! I will pray too, but I will pray that you more then endure this time of change. My prayer is that God fills you to the brim with holy, goofy, joy- the kind that makes you giggle out loud and makes your face hurt for the smiling. Watch for it. It's coming.