Sunday, January 27, 2008

I have found the downside to teaching...germs! My class could be a lab for the CDC. My luck, I got this raspy, gross cough over the weekend. What a lovely way to spend my time off. UGH! I was supposed to sew with Joanna and Synnove today, but decided not to share the wealth at this particular time. Call me selfish. I want all of the good germs just for me. The real bummer is the fact that I absolutely hate writing sub plans so I will limp my hacking self to school tomorrow. I would feel worse about that if I hadn't been coughed on and sneezed on every day for the last two months. At least I cover my mouth and wash my hands.

Every time I take my cough medicine I think of Lucille Ball and her famous Vitameatavegamin episode. This is pretty much what I look like every six hours. That stuff is nasty, but it sure works.




2 comments:

Corrina said...

Kids ARE super germy! That is such a bummer your sick. Do you need anything? Some soup, tea, or drugs? I'd be happy to take ya some. We are all stocked up with that stuff!

I can't wait till you can come play with us on snow days either! Time is flying by, it'll be here before you know it = )

Christina said...

Oh, hang in there sweetie! I can sympathize with going to work sick AND with having to write sub plans. Both are a pain, but I'd rather work sick! I just took Thursday and Friday off because of the snow, and getting ready for that was a pain. I also just got over bronchitis and a sinus infection (at the same time!), so I hope you can avoid THAT misery. Feel better soon!!