Thursday, January 03, 2008

Well, today is a first. We actually, for the first time EVER, purchased firewood. Um, ok. Tim and Bob got a dead wood permit and went out in search of firewood, but found that the forest had been picked clean. Actually, the lumber places on the mountain had cut down all of the burned trees as well as picking up all of the dead wood. So, now we have to pay for our wood. That seems a little obnoxious to me. I have always seen that as one of the benefits of living in the woods. Maybe they just weren't looking in the right place? Oh well. We ordered a cord of eucalyptus and we will see how long that lasts this winter. It will kill me if I have to buy wood again this season considering we paid more for the wood than I would have paid for a ticket to go see Kath.

I have successfully put off lesson planning and my BTSA assignments over the vacation. I suppose it will be a long night on Sunday. You would think that I would get started early considering I had two weeks, but alas, old habits die hard. Ok, once you reach a certain age, old habits are pretty much set in stone and will limp along as usual.

One of the big pluses of vacation is the amount of family time we've had lately. Paul Bunyan and I have had some great mom and son time the last couple of days. I'm even venturing into the world of Guitar Hero III. What I have managed to prove is that I am not coordinated in the slightest. Pretty much, I suck! Paul Bunyan just laughs and tells me that with practice I will improve. I'm thinking that I've had enough of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and I'm ok being a lame video game player. Tim, on the other hand, is working feverishly to get me interested in World of Warcraft. Why? Why would I want to play this game? He keeps trying to work the angle of "family time". Seriously? He has plenty of friends to play the game so he is just going to have to be happy with me making dinner and doing the dishes. Maybe I should convince him that laundry and toilet cleaning can also be used as "family time". We do have three bathrooms, one for each of us :)

1 comment:

Corrina said...

I agree...on so many levels.

1. I didn't even know people bought wood till I was 18.

2. What the mother is so great about World of Warcraft?

3. Why start two weeks early when you have two weeks ahead of you?