Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Wow, another year is beginning. It always feels so hopeful.

Our holiday went off without a hitch. We hosted appx 30 friends and family and we had a wonderful time. We even had Kathie and Tony stop by and that was great fun. I really miss having her around...and she does dishes.

The kiddos in class did fine and were genuinely excited by the gift bags Santa (that's me) left on their desks on the last day of class. God was definitely with me that day and I could see him working wonders with all of those kids, not to mention me and my heart. We had a party, the last time I do that but that's a story for another day, and we had tons of great homemade food. The kids ate like champs and sat patiently while I tried in vain to get my speakers to work so I could show "Polar Express". No luck, but all was not lost because I had read it to them the day before and the applauded at the end. I also read them "The Night Before Christmas" and I was surprised how many of them had never heard the story. They applauded at the end of that one too and I found myself getting a little choked up while reading. Many of the kiddos just stared, wide-eyed while I read and they loved both stories. Never underestimate the value of reading to kids. Especially if you can begin a tradition. So, without the movie the kids just sat and talked to each other. Those are conversations that are always fun to overhear. I wonder how many X-Boxes and Wiis were actually under the Christmas trees. I'll find out on Monday. I actually miss my kiddos and am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. We have eight weeks left before we are off for the month of March. I know it will fly by.

No resolutions this year. No real reason for the decision, just decided I didn't want to do it this year. I actually feel very comfortable about this so no worries there.

Happy New Year!

No comments: