Friday, February 01, 2008

Not so sick anymore, but not completely healthy. You never know how good "well" feels until you don't have the energy to blow your nose. Trying to talk to children and walk at the same time had become a HUGE chore.

I get to sew with Joanna, Synnove, and Deborah on Sunday and I'm really looking forward to spending some time with adults. Tim has been gone for the last week and will not be home until the 9th. I miss him terribly! It's hard to have your other half gone for that long. Paul Bunyan is great company, but it's not the same so I am really excited about Sunday.

My kiddos are getting a little hyper these days and they needed to have a "talking to" by the principal while I was out sick yesterday. Their little faces looked pretty pitiful when they found out today was "silent day". That is exactly what it sounds like...no talking for the entire day. I don't think I've ever seen them produce so much work. My autistic student is falling farther and farther behind so we are working on placing him in SDC to prepare him for Jr. High. I don't really want him to go, but the rest of the class is so much further ahead of him that he really shouldn't be considered "mainstream" anymore. It's a double-edge sword if you think about it. He does well behaviorally in the class, but he reads and works math problems at a 4th - low 5th grade level. I end up having to make a lesson plan for just him and, lets face it, I really don't have time for that when I have 25 other students. Bummer.

In other news, I had a puppy for three hours the other day. He was adorable and Paul Bunyan loved him for the 30 minutes he was able to be with him. We noticed fairly quickly that he was throwing up water so I took him to the vet almost as soon as I got him home. Note - he was a stray that I found at work. To make a really long and sad story short, he had Parvo and I had to put him down that same night. According to our vet, it would cost $800-$1,000 to help him and he would have had a less than 50% chance of living. At least he didn't die in a ditch in Colton. He was warm and loved for the time that we had him. Needless to say, Tim is taking King to the vet next week because I can't go to the "house of death" for a little while.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Oh, Honey! What a week! I'm looking for the phone to ring ya right now...