Monday, February 11, 2008

Airport 77 just met Posidon

I feel like a bad episode of Lost.

It is so apparent that God is in my life as I am surrounded by amazing and truly loving folks like you all. You need to know that I consider you as one of my most wonderful blessings.

After much thought and little sleep, I realized that it's probably more me that needs to forgive me than anyone else. Some of my issues weigh heavily on my mind when I sit in church. I know that God has forgiven me, but I often wonder why. How could anyone forgive some of the stuff that I have done? Then, of course, my mind throws me back to the fact that our Lord is not just "anyone". He is kind and gracious even when we don't deserve it. Actually, ESPECIALLY when we don't deserve it. I never really doubted God's love for me so why do I doubt his grace? Why do I doubt his desire for others to forgive me? Why do I doubt his desire for me to forgive me? Judgement is something that I think about regularly. I know that I am guilty of judging others so I shouldn't be surprised that others might judge me. More verbal vomit...sorry! My brain has been so full of this stuff lately and church made it all come to the surface.

That's all I have for now. More later when I can form some complete thoughts.

BTW - Michael, sorry about the unibomber comment. Your beard looks, well, like a beard. I'm a wife and beards are not my favorite...so, there you go. Notice, I opened my mouth before I thought about what might come out!

1 comment:

Chris said...

By the way... Ace of Cakes rocks.

Mary Alice was wearing a shirt on one I saw the other day that said:

"Joss Whedon is my master now".