Sunday, June 17, 2007

So I wasn't going to tell anyone because I didn't want to jinx it, but I thought better of it and decided that I needed all the payer I could get.

I have two interviews next week. Wednesday with Colton (the one I want) and Thursday with Hesperia. On Wednesday I am interviewing with the principal of a great elementary school in Colton. The best part is that he was one of my professors at University of Redlands. The day after I posted my application I emailed him for advice and he was very kind and reassuring. He was actually my favorite teacher and we shared a lot of the same views on teaching. I would love to teach at his school and work with him. Of course I will take any school and any grade that offers me a job.

Chris, your mom was so sweet the other day. I was subbing for Nancy and your mom and I were in the office. She told the principal that she wouldn't leave her classroom next year when she retires unless they would guarantee me a job and her room. Of course we were all joking around, but it was really great to have her on my side. The principal laughed and looked a little pale, but he also had nice things to say so it went over pretty well.

I'm really nervous!! I've talked to several teachers and they all gave me some wonderful advice for interviewing. Mostly, not to act like I know everything about teaching because I DON'T.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Holly, I'm so excited about your interviews!! I know you're going to do great because you rock. You're in my prayers, and rest assured that if you don't get the job at Colton (which sounds great, especially since you are "in" with the principal!), Hesperia will grab you up in a second. Keep us updated!!

Chris said...

So will you be mad if I pray that you don't get either job and have to sub for a year so that you can wind up at LGE and take my mom's room?

I talked to her about that conversation the other day. She may have been joking around, but she does think you're the bees knees.

Yes. I said bees knees.