Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gainfully Employed

I would like to start by thanking everyone for their prayers and their kind words. Today I was offered a contract with Colton Joint Unified School District. I will be teaching 6th grade and I start on July 30th. I will be year-round and I get three, month-long breaks during the year. I am so excited I'm not exactly sure what to do with myself yet. So many emotions...fear, excitement, anticipation, fear, trepidation...did I mention fear? I'm not sure what I am going to do with sixth-graders, but I have a month to get ready and three Lakeshore Learning gift certificates burning a hole in my wallet. I can't wait to build a few pyramids and mummify some chickens!

Ta!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Whoo Hoo!

Congrats Holly!

Chris Skaggs said...

WOOT!

Christina said...

Yay! Congratulations! You will be just fine in sixth grade, and the curriculum is fun. Year round, hm? That will be an adjustment! I'm glad you got your first choice, even if I will miss you in the desert. So exciting!!