Sunday, June 03, 2007

Here I sit on a lovely, lazy Sunday morning. I dropped Tim off at the airport for his week-long trip to Mississippi. I'm glad to have some time to myself, but I already miss him so it's a double-edged sword. I don't envy him having to be in MS this time of year...humid and hot...blech!

I'm thrilled that Christina has an interview in Hesperia. Wouldn't it be great if we ended up at the same school? Maybe the mountain teachers will take over the High Desert. I know of several other new teachers that applied in or have been hired by Hesperia. I am still waiting to hear from Hesperia and Colton. I am going to apply in Redlands and Yucaipa as soon as they start posting jobs. The school districts seem to like the electronic, paperless application process. It's nice because I don't need to make a ton of copies. I just scanned all of my documents, uploaded them, and sent in my application. Technology is nifty. I'm trying to talk Tim into getting his credential too. I was so close when he found out that the Air Force ok'd the Lasik surgery, finally! He is so excited and is strongly, by strongly I mean STRONGLY, considering applying to be a boom operator on a refueling plane. He's like a little kid at Christmas. I haven't seen him this giddy in a long time. Looks like teaching might have to wait a couple of years.

Off to be lazy again!

1 comment:

Christina said...

That would be so awesome! I know several people who have been hired and who have applied to Hesperia also. Could it be their 36 Elementary positions they have posted?? Hahaha. Yes, let's take over! From what I hear, they're a great district to work for, and the income difference should off-set the commute. I hope. Now to sell the van and buy a commuter car...Keep us updated!