Thursday, January 18, 2007

On my way

Isn’t it amazing how fast the holidays come and go? I can’t believe that it’s already the middle of January. Our holidays were wonderful and very blessed. Most of all, they were relaxing because we were lucky enough to be home most of the time.

Whew! I passed the RICA and scored well on my last class project!!!!!! YEAH. I can now apply for my credential. I can’t believe that it’s really over. Christina, take the RICA now. Don’t wait, just rip the Band-Aid off and get it over.

Now, to get a job. It’s not as easy as one would think. Our district is a little unorganized and every time I go to give them the paperwork they asked for they ask me for something else. I have been doing this since October. I just want to work. UGH! I think, if all goes well, I should be on the sub list by the end of next week. I can’t wait to get back in the classroom. Don’t get me wrong, these last few weeks at home have been great but with no small children at home, I am soooo bored. I don’t think I can vacuum one more time. My house has never been cleaner and I’m pretty sure that I have baked about 10 dozen cookies. Tim loves having me home but I think Paul Bunyan would rather have mom back at work and not breathing down his neck as soon as he gets home from school.

I’m not sure how the process of getting hired full time will go for me. I have heard stories of people that get jobs right away and then I have heard stories of people being promised jobs just to be passed over in the final selection stage. Because I have only had two jobs in 17 years, I have only had to interview twice in my life. That part scares me more than being in a classroom with 30 kids. I will take any position I can get but I am saying little prayers for LGE (if there end up being any openings). That school site is amazing and the faculty is wonderful. I went back in December to make candy trains and I was sad to leave at the end of the day.

Hopefully by the end of next week I will be working again!

3 comments:

Christina said...

I'm wishing you good luck in the job process!! I'm worried about getting hired for next year, so I can imagine what you're going through. Sadly, yes, our district is very annoying with the information thing. They also take their sweet time on quite a few aspects, so I hope you'll get lucky and things will move faster for you.

I was starting to think about the RICA and Task 1, and then I found out that I failed Task 2. I'm still really in shock, because I was very confident about it and thought that I did a good job. I'm in limbo right now, with plans to talk to Margot on Monday to see when it will be re-scored, etc. Even though I'm confident of my classroom abilities, getting that 2 on my task just really took some wind out of my sails. Thankfully, I worked three days last week, and I'm working every day this upcoming week so that's keeping my confidence afloat and keeping me distracted. I'm still going to take the RICA at the next testing date, but I'm reluctant to get started on Task 1 until I find out what happened with Task 2. *sigh*

Holly said...

I know that it is frustrating. I failed task three. Dr. Franklin met with me in her office and re-scored it with a passing mark. One of my classmated failed his first two TPA's but, after the re-score he passed. Don't stress about it too much. Do you need a RICA book? I have one if you do. I think it really helped me. If you passed the CSET you will do fine on the RICA. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you! As I grow nearer to the end of my last year of art school, the prospect of trying to find work in the art field becomes a bigger and scarier spectre all the time.

I hope it goes well for you!