Monday, January 29, 2007

Great finds

I found this today in Grandma's wallet -

Hands of a Friend, by RK and GPP

Thank you, Lord, for the friends who love me as I am. Who care for me tho I may slip and fall. Friends with gentle hands applauding when I win and lifing me when I am feeling small. Hands of a friend, wonderful gift, hands that affirm, comfort and lift.

Thank you for your Son who lived, so I could see how to live my life, to walk the way...Your Son, whose gentle hands healed with just a touch; who taught us, hands can love and lead and pray. Hands of a friend, wonderful gift, hands that affirm, comfort and lift.

Teach me Lord, to be your hands here in our world, reaching out in giving, work and prayer. Wherever I may go, whom ever I may touch, may what I do confirm your presence there. Hands of a friend, teach me to be ever and always, living for thee.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

What a treasure to find on a such a tough day. It reminds me to pray that Jesus will continue to use your grandmother's life to be a light to Him, even as she is at home with our Lord. She is still making a difference for hearts down here!