Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sad songs, they say so much...

What a pain in the rear! I just wrote this whole bolg, forgot to save, and lost the whole thing. It was actually lucid and funny. UGH!

I'm sad! Tomorrow is my last day at LGE and I REALLY don't want to leave. I can't believe how weepy I am about not being able to talk and giggle with Nancy and Janet. The teacher's and staff are amazing and extremely supportive. They took me in and treated me like I was one of the gang. I get teary every time I thing about leaving.

We went to the Living Desert yesterday and I had a great time. Ok, so the bus ride with 75 kids was a little unnerving but the place is beautiful. With Paul Bunyan being 15 I forgot what it was like to watch kids get excited about a baby giraffe. The kids were more fun to watch than the animals. I knew that I would love this job, but I had not idea how much I would miss it when it was time to go. BIG CROCODILE TEARS!

My next assignment is LAE in first grade. I'm not sure how I feel about LAE or first grade. One thing I know for sure...no more SSR for thirty minutes. Oh, the other thing I know...lots of crying. I might just implode or maybe I will just do some serious praying.

By the way, I miss you too Kath! I miss our Sundays. Paul Bunyan wont sing and he doesn't giggle. I miss our chocolate chip scones. I had one the other day and it just wasn't the same. Sorry to spit this out but you know what a crummy friend I am anyway. :)

Enough bellyachin'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fun thing about first grade will be that when you tell them about crocodile tears, they can draw pictures of you with little crocodiles running down your face ;)

I instant-message with Michael yesterday about pig tears. That's what you cry when you watch "Babe" by youself!

And I am cracking up over "Paul Bunyan". It's a perfect name! Thanks for making me smile. The stout I had with dinner tonight is also helping my smile factor :)

Anonymous said...

LGE is the best by far. Its all down hill from here.

Not that I'm biased or anything...