Sunday, October 15, 2006

Um

Ok, here goes my first attempt at this blogging thing. Kathie thinks this is a good way for all of us to keep up with each other's lives. I agree so we will see how this all works out. I do enjoy reading all of the other blogs and I have learned a great deal about my friends.

My blog will, most likely, be about my current career change to teaching. The kids do seem to provide hours of entertainment. I have found that even with that being true, their parents are even more entertaining, infuriating but entertaining none the less.

Here goes...

How much do I love this teaching thing? It is absolutely amazing. I have never had a job that made me so happy. Even Joseph says I am more fun to be around these days. I even get up early in the morning so I can get to school and not be rushed. As most of you know, that would never have happened at the Conference Center. As a matter of fact, I was generally late to work because it was such a toxic place to work, but that will be another post some day when I am not so bitter!

My class is amazing and Nancy (Slusser), my master teacher, is so fun to work with. The teachers at the school are all really supportive and willing to share their years of knowledge. My dream at the moment is to end up working at this school. I don't even mind the drive to Lake Gregory. How many other schools have a lake view? None is the answer to that question. Now, if I could just be done with the credential part of all of this, life would be just about perfect.

Enough for now!

6 comments:

Michael Slusser said...

Well, let me be the first to congratulate you on your shiny new blog.

It sure is pink...

Glad to have you aboard.

Devin Parker said...

That is pretty awesome, Holly. I'm glad that things are working out so well for you.

Additionally, welcome to the club of cool, popular, intelligent and upright people who blog. You'll be receiving your membership packet in the mail.

And possibly spam comments from people you don't know.

Christina said...

Holly-

I'm so excited and so happy for you! I just know that you're awesome in the classroom, and I'm so excited that you're enjoying it. I'm also looking forward to us teaching in the same district together! It's fun to think of all the really cool coworkers I'm going to have, even if we're not all at the same school.

Welcome to the blogging club too :)

Holly said...

Thanks for the warm welcome into the cool people club!

Christina, it's time for us newbies to take this district by storm!

Both Fex said...

My computer goes down for a few days and I miss snotty remarks from an angry little man and one of my mostest favorite people adds a blog to my morning reading. The blogisphere just keeps on blogging along...

Well welcome aboard teacher-woman! I love the Baskin and Robbins color scheme.

Chris Skaggs said...

well lookie here! A Hol-Blog!
Well I se I'm late to the party but allow me to offer my welcome too...now if only I can get Rebekah to start blogging it would be like a giant blog-fest-o-rama!