Tuesday, October 17, 2006

...and down will come Holly...

Today the happy Holly was replaced by the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever, not sleeping better, not feeling better, want to puke my brains out Holly. What fun this is...They warned me that this would happen once I entered the land of germs-a-plenty. It takes you getting sick to really watch what those little buggers do and touch once they cough and sneeze all over their little, fifth-grade hands...precious! Nancy being the teacher/mom sent me home so I'm pretty sure the guilt I feel about leaving early will kill me faster than being sick. Ok, pity party is over...at least I didn't have to travel feeling like this...sorry Kath!

I'm trying to get over the pity thing I've got going on right now. Pastor Dave's sermon on Sunday worked wonders for beating that out of me. He read us a letter written by a church member, teacher, and all-around wonderful person that passed away last week. I didn't know her but the legacy she left behind speaks volumes. The small passage he read was so powerful that it was one of those moments where I realized how blessed my life really is and I need to stop whining!

Medicated and off to bed!

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I am so sorry you are sick! Nasty school germs!

You have my sympathy. I thought I was pretty much over my yuck from Sunday, but this morning and today have kicked my butt again. I drug myself into work at 10:30. I shall drag myself to somewhere where there is soup after work, and then home.

You're a real teacher now!