Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The good news is that I'm not pregnant. That's what I keep telling myself after yesterday's union meeting regarding our layoff notices. I walked into the room feeling REALLY sorry for myself to see one pregnant woman filling out paper work and talked to another friend with a baby that just turned one and another one on the way. Oh my. This is the point where I tell myself that things could be way worse.

The fact is the waiting is what is killing me. By Ed code the district has to give us our pink slips or job placements by May 15. I've spent the better part of the week planning for the worst and hoping for the best. Kathie has been such a help, letting me moan and sob without telling me how it could be worse. I just realized how choppy this post is, but that is sort of where my thoughts are today.

I've decided that each day I will come up with one thing to be thankful for instead of being angry that I might lose my job so I'm going with the pregnant thing today. We will see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Michael Slusser said...

Well, you know, Holly, it could be much worse...

I won't go there. To misquote Garrison Keillor, "Our misery is never lessened by the greater misery of others." I know that's an awful feeling and can drive you crazy--we'll be praying for you.

Kathie said...

Today you could be grateful that you don't have a giant ostrich growing out of the top of your head :)

Love you :)