Sunday, March 22, 2009

The good news is that I will still have health insurance.

I told you all in my last post that I was going to try to focus on the positive so, here goes. Even if I lose my job we will still have health insurance with Tim's job. I realize how much that is worth in this day and age so I am truly thankful.

On the other hand, I am still trying not to think the worst. I really like my job so this isn't all about money. There are also 37 other people, in my district anyway, in my position and I would like to see them end all of this with a job also. This whole educational cut position the government is taking is really disturbing. Also, I would like to know how cutting jobs, any job, and raising taxes is going to stimulate the economy. I'm not an economist, but that doesn't seem very logical. Every time I turn on the TV or the radio I end up so sad. So many people are affected by the terrible turn our economy has taken and it's hard to hear about. I was listening to KFI the other day and a man that lost his job in December is still waiting for his unemployment check to come. Not everyone without a job wants to screw up their credit and skip out on paying bills. Welcome to my "vacation" brain.

BTW - I am so excited that Nathan Fillion has a new show! This is my happy place today.

2 comments:

Chris said...

We've watched both episodes of Castle. Pretty good so far. Nathan Fillion is a funny guy - and I like how he's not too over the top.

Praying for the job situation Holly!

Christina said...

I know what you mean about the job situation. I love my job and my site, so losing that makes me sad. That being said, I'll be fine with Andy's job and insurance if I'm not working next year. There are so many of my friends and colleagues that are not in as good of a position as I am, and I hurt for them. I hurt for our kids too. Won't somebody think of the children!?! (I had to throw in the Simpsons reference so the comment didn't stay too serious!)