Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ok then...

So, what do you do with the kid who insists on speaking of himself in the third person? This kid is the fashion plate for the class and the kid that thinks he is soooo good that all he has to do is flash his pearly whites to get what he wants. Little does he know, I don't care about his 12 year old pearly whites. He thinks he is so charming. All I see is all of those guys in high school that got by on their looks and now sell used cars or insurance for a living. I can totally see this kid four years from now and, sadly, I'm not impressed.

Last night was Back to School Night and I had great fun making Liann nervous. She sat down and asked me what I was doing there. The funny thing is that I thought about not going, but was worried about what she would think of me if I didn't show up. How funny that we have known each other for so long yet, we still worry about what the other thinks. By the way, your presentation was great...and not just because I love you!

I'm still enjoying teaching...every day seems to get better and better. My kids are great and I am so lucky that my first year has been uneventful thus far. Oh, I did find a condom under a student's chair yesterday. I'm so looking forward to the conversation I get to have with her parents. Catch 22 - should I be worried that she has a condom at 12 or should I commend her for at least being safe? When did this happen? I am praying that she was just curious and this phase will pass quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kathie said...

Gee whiz--the world is a different place, eh? I remember the joy of just finding nasty notes under chairs--that was plenty.

Liann thinks Joseph is amazing, by the way. Not like you don't already know it, but it's nice to hear!

Liann said...

Oh my gosh. We are both dorks. Thanks for giving me a boost on the night I most dread all year long. And at this point there is nothing you could do to change my opinion of you either way, cause I love you.

Devin Parker said...

All I know is what I have learned:

People who speak of themselves in the third person are not to be trusted.

Chris said...

Chris agrees.

Holly said...

Oh Devin, I don't trust this kid as far as I can throw him. I wish I could film this kid so you could all see him.

Christina said...

I'm surprised I didn't see you at Back to School Night...it seems I saw everybody else! I ran into most of the Grandview kindergarten teachers anyway. We had to juggle two schedules since John's a senior and Kitty's a sophomore. Craziness! I wish I had had time to harass Liann :)