Saturday, July 14, 2007

Today is a much better day. I have to apologize to all that have had to read my drivel lately. Could I feel more sorry for myself? I don't see any happy teachers here. So, after a very good night of much needed sleep, I have decided that I need to buck up and take life as it comes.

I mentioned before that I love weekends and today is no exception. I turned off my cell phone, slept 'til 8, made scones for the boys (now only three but still smelly), and watched Anchor Man. The best part was that Paul Bunyan intoduced his step-brother to Will Farrel. That was a fascinating little social experiment. You would have to know my kids for this to be funny. Kathie and Beth will laugh as they picute this little event. This was followed by even more fun...making teen-age boys sort laundry. This project took three boys 30 minutes to complete. Making kids do yucky chores on Saturday mornings is where we mommies reap our rewards. I've decided I will make this my work today. I should take advantage of having all these boys around and I think the dog yard needs some attention ;)

2 comments:

Both Fex said...

Heeeee! Stinking boys doing work? The novelty!

Christina said...

I can't believe how quickly our summer has gone! You go back before I do, and I am already starting to feel the pressure. We will survive our first year though, by golly. I can sympathize with the questions...I haven't gotten to speak with my principal since she called me to tell me what school and grade level I was at, and I have TONS of questions for her. I don't even know what their policies are for seeing lesson plans, how detailed they have to be, I haven't seen my curriculum, etc. Ack!

By the way, don't worry about your whining. It's totally allowed, understandable, and isn't this the place for that? Keep us updated on how things are going for you, mostly so you can give me hope that I'm going to make it through this year too!