Friday, March 30, 2007

Big week. I was able to teach for six days in a row. For those of you who are going to get me on the little stuff...that is Friday of last week and Monday - Friday of this week.

I started out in sixth grade for three days. The jury is still out on that grade. I headed to second for two days. Can I tell you how adorable second-graders are? So cute! Not a bad grade either. Old enough to be able to follow a discussion about a book and young enough to love teachers unconditionally. I like that. Today I was back in my first grade class. I love those kids but I am exhausted. Lots of tattling and tears today. I will blame it on the following: Friday, Spring Break, nice weather, spring, 6 years old. Get the picture?

Have I said how much I like this job? Only about a million times. I can not wait to have my own classroom. I find myself teacher shopping all the time. I want to buy fun books and posters but I have to wait until I know what grade I'm teaching and that makes me sad. Oh well...soon enough!

On another note...I am taking Paul Bunyan down to get his permit tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready for this event. He will be 16 on Saturday. I know I'm not ready for THAT! Wow, sixteen years and I often feel like I know less about parenting than before he was born. I must admit that this is the most frightening blessing one can receive. Some people with no children or small children always think that parenting an older child is easier. I am here to tell you that is a myth. So I don't have to worry about him drinking the stuff under the sink or drowning in a bucket of water, but in six months my baby boy will be operating a large vehicle alone. Those haunting nightmares of things that can happen to a small child have long since faded and are now replaced by new nightmares of mangled cars and such. No way to avoid worrying about our kids is there? Well, this turned into a not-so-cheery post now, didn't it?

More fun...I get to head out to Boise to celebrate an upcoming birthday! I can't wait!

No comments: