Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Double ugh!

First ugh - I called the District Office to find out why I don't receive phone calls when there are sub jobs (I have to look on-line). The personnel person told me that I am just unlucky. What kind of answer is that? One of the guys that I student taught with gets 3 to 5 calls every morning. He has only been on the sub list 3 months longer than I have. The lady told me that he was put higher on the list but she doesn't know why. Funny, she is the person that puts the subs in the system but she can't tell me why I don't get any calls. Ironic isn't it? I need the money but I am bummed that I don't get phone calls for jobs. See why I need to work full-time. I sit and think about stuff too much when I don't.

Second ugh - The problem is money vs. experience. I can take a four days worth of sub jobs = experience. I can work 2.5 days at the conference center = money. What to do? The bummer is that I make WAY more money working 2.5 days at the conf center than I do working four WHOLE days subbing. I know I need the experience but right now we need the money. Not working for five months and only working part-time for the last two has put a huge squeeze on the pocket book. I also need to make it through the summer so I need the money. Not really looking for answers, just thinking out loud...blah, blah, blah.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I know you're not looking for advice, but that rarely stops me from offering it.

Just wanted to throw out there that experience is good, but I would bet that when you get hired it will be because the folks you worked with really loved working with you. I know my mom did, and we all know how hard SHE is to please!

Just kidding about the hard to please thing. Not about the her liking you part.

My point is that when the right job comes open, I'll bet you won't have a hard time getting that spot.

Which is to say that I'd relax, work 2.5 days a week, rake in the dough, and be confident that you'll get hired full time when the right job comes available.

Both Fex said...

Ooo! Can I think out loud too? ...............................
....... ........ .. .......
......................... ....
..... ....... .... ....... ..

Damn. White noise. Why does that always happen to me?

I know things will work out.

Love you. Stay hopeful.